With so many threats to your ocular health lurking out there, it’s good to know that you can get an equal range of diagnostic and treatment services at Prudhomme Vision in Manchester, CT. Turn to our optometry experts for conditions such as:
- Refractive Errors (Nearsightedness, Farsightedness, Astigmatism, Presbyopia) – Abnormalities in your eyeball or corneal shape can cause refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and presbyopia, while changes in your lenses can lead to middle-aged presbyopia.
- Glaucoma – If your eye pressure is too high, you could be at risk for optic nerve destruction and vision loss of glaucoma.
- Macular Degeneration – Macular degeneration is an age-related ailment that attacks the macula, which is responsible for clear central vision. This condition can make it impossible to see in this visual zone.
- Pink Eye – Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is an inflammation of the membrane that covers the white of the eye, turning it pink or red. Eye itching, swelling, and discharge are other common symptoms.
- Dry Eye – Dry eye has numerous causes, including age. It causes itchy, irritated, reddened eyes while making the corneas susceptible to damage.
- Allergies – Allergies to pollen, dust, dander, smoke, chemicals, and other common triggers can cause allergic conjunctivitis.
- Keratoconus – Keratoconus is a deformation of the cornea that severely distorts vision.
- Cataracts – Cataracts are thickening proteins that cause the eye’s lenses to lose their transparency.
- Amblyopia – Amblyopia is a condition in which the brain only uses the information from one eye, making good depth perception impossible.
We Have the Eye Care Services to Treat Your Condition
Our primary eye care services include treatment for these and other eye conditions. For instance, we can provide you with eyeglasses and a variety of contact lens options to compensate for refractive errors. (Corrective lenses can also minimize the effects of cataracts for a surprisingly long time.) If your keratoconus is too severe for regular lenses, we can fit your specialized scleral lenses to correct your vision.
Medicated eye drops can control most glaucoma cases. We can keep early-stage macular degeneration in check and prescribe drugs or other therapies for later-stage macular degeneration. Our optometry center can prescribe soothing care for pink eye while also offering tips for controlling allergic conjunctivitis. If you suffer from dry eye, we can recommend everything from eye drops to changes in how you’re treating an underlying medical condition. We can even recommend visual therapy and other techniques to help you overcome amblyopia.
Contact Us to See How Our Manchester Optometry Center Can Help
Whatever kind of eye condition is currently troubling you, our Manchester optometry center wants to help. Call 860-644-3364 for an appointment!